Is California Real Estate Still A Good Investment? In short the answer can be yes. Cali real estate can be a good investment depending on timing, supply and demand, location, etc. But when comparing California real estate against Los Cabos the answer is a BIG FAT NO… Apples to apples the deal is sweeter in Cabo.
THE BETTER REAL ESTATE ALTERNATIVE
It is no surprise that a Los Cabos Luxury Real Estate office thinks buying real estate in Cabo is the best option in the world :)…. But when comparing California numbers against Los Cabos numbers there is an obvious choice for one reason only…. PROPERTY TAXES.
Yes California has lower property tax than the national average, but that doesn’t mean there are not better investments and maybe lifestyle.
National Property Tax Average: 1.08%
California Property Tax Average: .77%
Los Cabos Property Tax Average: .001%
APPLES TO APPLES
To be fair let’s compare apples to apples
1. Beachfront home in California & Los Cabos $6,000,000
2. 5 bedroom home
3. Similar location – beach access on the pacific ocean / restaurants / nightlife / quantity schools etc.
4. Both locations average projected growth in 2020 is 2.5%
THE CALI HOME
Location: Manhattan Beach California
Square Feet: 2,804
PROPERTY TAX: $45,300 per year
LOS CABOS HOME
Location: San Jose Del Cabo
Square Feet: 9,225
PROPERTY TAX: $6,000 per year
So, in conclusion…. Today, Los Cabos is a much better investment opportunity. Los Cabos lifestyle might also just be the deciding factor in purchasing your next home.
Short List Of Reasons To Move To Cabo At Any Budget.
1. No traffic in Cabo
2. Only a hand full of surfers in the water in Cabo
3. A more tranquil lifestyle in Cabo.
4. Adventure (Ocean / Desert) is 10 seconds away instead of hours.
5. Local art, international art, local restaurants, celebrity chef restaurants are all at your fingertips.
So really the question is… Do you want to live a cheeky life while saving money or not. 🙂
CLICK HERE FOR THE CABO ZILLOW SEARCH EXPERIENCE