Mexico might have had a reputation of being too dangerous for Americans, but there are still areas that boast a robust tourist life. Aside from the popular Riviera Maya, Tijuana and Ensada, there is Cabo San Lucas. Just a few hours away from North America, Cabo sits at the tip of Baja California. It is home to some of the best seafood and ocean fun in Mexico. If you do decide to escape the cold for a sunny winter this year, here are some tips to make your vacation the best you could possibly have.
- Avail of the all-inclusive options many resorts in the area offer. For as low as $50, you can already enjoy all you want to eat and drink while you relax in paradise. This one-time payment saves you from tipping, currency conversion charges and bar tabs.
- Experiencing a foreign culture can be hard if you do not understand what the people around you are talking about. At least a month before the trip, download a language app that you can play during your downtime. This way, you can chat up and be friendly with some of the locals.
- Because of its location right at the tip of the continent, Cabo is home to fresh seafood and the best sport fishing in North America. Once there, make sure that you get a taste of their local guacamole, and several of their lobster and Dorado recipes.
- Set aside time to go out of your resort and stroll through town for some handcrafted hats and shirts. Also try out the local restaurants serving ceviche, seafood recipes and cerveza. Several excursion companies run affordable deep sea fishing, ARV and watercraft tours.
- Resorts in the Pacific Coast do not allow swimming in the seas because of the big waves. Thus, pick a resort in the side of the Sea of Cortez. You can also just take a short walk from the Pacific side to the Medano Beach where it should be much safer to take a dip.
There are still so many exciting things that await you on your trip to Cabo San Lucas.
Ask a tourism officer in the area, or just chat up and get friendly with a local to help you make the most of your vacation. Pack your bags and book a ticket now. This just might be your best trip yet.