Looking for a place to spend your retirement years in blissful relaxation? Mexico just might be the perfect place for you. For over a decade, this South American country has proven that it offers the easiest transition to expat life, consistently making it to the list of top retirement destinations in the world. It has bagged the number one spot for the fifth time this year, further cementing its title as the best place to retire. Here are some of the reasons why.
- Low cost of living. Expats can get by with as little as $1,200 a month. With the weakening of the peso against the dollar in the recent years, this amount is expected to go lower. Now, you can spend your money on other things, like putting up a business or buying properties.
- Quality healthcare. Every major city in Mexico has a first-rate hospital, staffed with medical personnel who has had some training in Europe or the United States. Also, you do not need to have insurance to get treatments; medical care is cheap in Mexico that you can pay it in cash.
- No language barriers. Many people think you need to learn Spanish to live in Mexico, but English is widely spoken throughout the country, particularly in popular tourist spots and expat communities. Thus, newcomers can easily communicate and fit right in.
- Close proximity to the US. Those who plan on living part-time in Mexico will love the fact that the US is just a few hours away. Driving or flying home is convenient and cheap, with airline tickets costing as low as $200. This makes it easy to escape the cold winters of the US and soak up some sun down south.
- Flexible weather. With the diverse selection of climates in the country, retirees will not have a hard time finding the perfect place with the right weather for them. Expats can choose to live practically anywhere, from spring in the highlands to summer on the beach.
- Numerous retiree benefits. Legal residents aged 60 and above can get discounts on bus and airline tickets, as well as medical care, museum entrance fees, and more. Permanent residents with an INAPAM Card are given additional discounts that can go up to 50 percent.
- Friendly locals. Naturally welcoming and friendly, tourists and expats will not have a hard time interacting and befriending the locals. They are warm and genuine, and would never hesitate to give you any kind of assistance, making your new life in Mexico a little easier.
Mexico might have had built itself a bad reputation over the years, but there are actually areas in the country that boast all the features and amenities a retiree is looking for. Whether you are looking to experience exotic culture or a first-class lifestyle, you will find it all here. Look for the perfect property for you in CaboCribs.com now and be a part of the 1 million Americans who now proudly call Mexico their home.